Here is the shortened version for those of you who wanna know, but don't have the time to commit to a lengthy read!
And, for those of you who would like to enjoy a bit of light reading, here is the full version of our contest rules.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico Promotion described herein (this “Promotion”), you agree to comply with and be bound by the following Official Rules (these “Official Rules”):
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. This Promotion is sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico, 5701 Balloon Fiesta Pkwy NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113 (“Sponsor”). Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico is a Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Sponsor, Sponsor’s advertising agencies, prizing and promotional partners for this Promotion, and all other Sponsor-designated persons and entities involved in the offering, operation or administration of this Promotion, are referred to hereinafter collectively as “Sponsor and Promotion Related Parties.”
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. However, employees, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and Promotion Related Parties, as well as members of their immediate families and/or households, are not eligible to enter.
3. ENTRY PERIOD. The entry period for this Promotion will begin on June 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. CT and end on July 31st, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received within the Entry Period, or will be deemed void. Sponsor-designated computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. It is entirely your responsibility to observe time zone differences.
4. HOW TO ENTER. To enter this Promotion, please go to Sponsor’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/bluecrossblueshieldofnewmexico, or Twitter page https://twitter.com/BCBSNM, and submit a valid post on Facebook or tweet on Twitter abiding by the parameters set in the what am I prompt, during the Entry Period. A respondent who submits a valid post on Facebook or tweet on Twitter (abiding by the parameters set in the what am I prompt) is considered an “Entrant” on this promotion. Inclusion of any offensive or other disqualifying material, such as profanity or offensive language, is strictly prohibited. By submitting a properly completed Entry, Entrants are acknowledging that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Limit one (1) entry per entrant per Content POST. Multiple entries by the same entrant are allowed, as long as they each comply with these Official Rules and they are not duplicate entries. Entries are considered “duplicate” if they are submitted by the same entrant on the same content post with the same material. However, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF entries you submit, you cannot win more than once or win more than one (1) prize in this Promotion.
This Promotion is limited to online entry only, and no other method of entry will be accepted. An active Facebook or Twitter account is required to enter this Promotion. You must be the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Twitter account associated with your entry. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will automatically be disqualified.
All entries will be deemed public and non-confidential.
5. WINNER SELECTION; ODDS OF WINNING. One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected randomly each month from among all eligible entries received during that month. Monthly drawings will be held by Sponsor on the immediately following Mondays at approximately 12:00pm CT. A total of one monthly Winner will be selected in this Promotion. For each monthly drawing, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for that drawing. Each monthly Winner will be announced on Sponsor’s Facebook and Twitter page and will be notified within approximately two days after the applicable monthly drawing.
6. PRIZE. Each Winner in this Promotion will receive one (1) $25 visa gift card (the “Prize”) (ARV: $25). The Prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed, exchanged or substituted for cash. Each Winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state and local taxes associated with the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is awarded “as is” and without Sponsor warranty of any kind, express or implied.
7. CLAIMING AND DELIVERY OF PRIZE. To claim the Prize, each Winner must, within two days of receiving Sponsor’s notification, confirm receipt and provide his/her mailing address to Sponsor via return email. Subject to each Winner’s full compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be sent to a Winner’s specified mailing address via US postal mail within five days after Sponsor receives the requested documentation from the Winner.
If a Winner cannot be reached or fails to claim the Prize or fails to return the required documentation in complete and proper order within the specified time period, or if the Prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a Winner is found to have violated any provision of these Official Rules, that Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. In such case, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner to receive the Prize.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. You acknowledge and agree that participation in this Promotion is expressly subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
(1) All entries, once submitted, will not be returned by Sponsor.
(3) By entering this Promotion, you authorize and permit Sponsor and Promotion Related Parties to use, reproduce, publicly display, publish and distribute any and all of the material submitted by you in this Promotion and, if you are a Winner in this Promotion, your name, prize information and city and state of your residence, for Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and publicity purposes (whether or not related to this Promotion) in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, Sponsor’s pages and channels on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms) throughout the world and in perpetuity, all without any notice, compensation or other obligation to you.
(4) By entering this Promotion, you acknowledge and agree that: (i) all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects; (ii) Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision; (iii) Sponsor may reject and disqualify any entry for any reason in its sole discretion; (iv) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Promotion or any portion thereof, if any fraud, technical failure or malfunction, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of this Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (v) any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies against any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law; and (vi) Sponsor and Promotion Related Parties are NOT responsible for: any late, lost, stolen, forged, mutilated, corrupted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entry; any error, omission, misinformation, or misidentification in any entry; any failure or interruption of any website or webpage associated with this Promotion (including, without limitation, Sponsor’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/bluecrossblueshieldofnewmexico); any failure or interruption of Sponsor’s e-mail server; any cancellation or postponement of this Promotion or any drawing for any reason (including, without limitation, equipment failure or malfunction, electrical service interruption, or any act of God); and/or any damage to your or any other person’s computer hardware, software or data that results from participation in this Promotion or accessing, downloading or using any tools, files, data, software, or other materials in connection with this Promotion.
(5) By entering this Promotion, you forever release and discharge Sponsor and Promotion Related Parties, Facebook, Twitter, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, contractors, advisors and consultants from, and you further agree to indemnify and hold each of them harmless from and against, any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities, losses and damages (whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or otherwise) arising out of or relating to: (i) your participation in this Promotion; (ii) your receipt, ownership, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Promotion; (iii) your breach or violation of any provision of these Official Rules or any applicable law; and/or (iv) Sponsor and Promotion Related Parties’ exercise of any right or permission granted by you under these Official Rules.
9. GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION. These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the United States Federal Arbitration Act and the laws of the State of New Mexico (without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof). Each entrant agrees that any controversy, dispute or claim arising out of, relating to or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by binding arbitration, which will be conducted in Albuquerque, New Mexico in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties, if possible, and shall be a New Mexico resident. If the parties fail to reach agreement upon the appointment of an arbitrator within thirty (30) days following receipt by one party of the other party’s notice of desire to arbitrate, the arbitrator shall be selected from a list or lists of persons submitted by the AAA. The selection process shall be that which is set forth in the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules then prevailing, except that if the parties fail to select an arbitrator from one or more lists, AAA shall not have the power to make an appointment but shall continue to submit additional lists until an arbitrator has been selected. Each entrant further agrees that under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain any punitive, incidental, special, consequential and/or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits (collectively, “Special Damages”) suffered by an entrant, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. you (entrant) and sponsor each agree that any dispute resolution proceeding shall be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, you (entrant) and sponsor each waive any right to a jury trial.
10. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of these Official Rules is held by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified in such manner as to render such provision valid, legal, and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law in such jurisdiction. The remaining provisions of these Official Rules shall not be affected thereby, and shall continue in full force and effect.
11. WINNER LIST. For a list of Winners in this Promotion, please visit Sponsor’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/bluecrossblueshieldofnewmexico or send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico, Attn: Social Media Dept, 5701 Balloon Fiesta Pkwy NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113, after July 1st,2016 and before August 15th, 2016.
12. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Each entrant is providing information solely to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to SocialMediaNM@bcbsnm.com.
A Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. © Copyright 2019 Health Care Service Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Telligent is an operating division of Verint Americas, Inc., an independent company that provides and hosts an online community platform for blogging and access to social media for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico.
File is in portable document format (PDF). To view this file, you may need to install a PDF reader program. Most PDF readers are a free download. One option is Adobe® Reader® which has a built-in screen reader. Other Adobe accessibility tools and information can be downloaded at http://access.adobe.com.